The TXMOD V2 release supports SPORT telemetry data from the vehicle back to the RC transmitter unit.
Designed to work in conjunction with any Radio Controller capable of accepting JR Transmitter Modules, the RFD TX Module can transmit the PPM stream from the controller to the vehicle via the RFD900X long range telemetry modem while also receiving telemetry data received from the aircraft.
The module's built in WiFi link allows for simple webpage based configuration and broadcasting of telemetry data to a computer or smart device.
It is a JR style module that plugs into most RC transmitter that has CAN accept JR style modules (Frsky Taranis, JR, Frsky Horus, Radio Master TX165).
It provides a bridge between the RC transmitter and aircraft while carrying RC PPM data and mavlink telemetry streams at the same time.
- 1 x RFD TXMOD
- 1 x RFD900x Radio Modem with new version v3.01 or later firmware
- 1 x Antenna, 868-900MHz Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
- 1 x Antenna, 868-900MHz Right Angle Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
- 4 x Antennas, 868-900MHz Half wave dipole 3dBi
RFD900 TXMOD V2 (RC Transmitter module)
- Long range using RFD900x telemetry modem
- 2.4GHz WiFi AP / Client modes with TCP + UDP packet support
- Easy configuration by web-based wizard built in
- Direct plug in to any RC transmitter with JR style modules (eg. Taranis X9D, Horus, ...)
- Wide range 5-18V input supply
- Optimised for use with Mavlink/Mission Planner.
- Long range remote control (RC) via PPM
- Ground control station (GCS) telemetry gateway over WiFi
- 52.05 x 66.94 x 38mm
RFD 900x Modem
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup *80km demonstrated by Edge Research labs on a balloon, 57km in India, on Dipoles.
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3.
- RX SAW filter.
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered.
- Re implemented SiK and Multipoint SiK firmware, field upgradeable, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
- License free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ
- Note: Not compatible with older modems
- RF : 2 x RP-SMA connectors
- Serial: Logic level TTL (+3.3v)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: 6 General purpose IO (Digita capable).
Frequency Range: 902 - 928 MHz (USA) / 915 - 928 MHz (Australia)
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 12, 56, 64, 100, 125, 200, 224, 500 and 750 kbit/sec (User settable, 64kbit default)*
- UART data transfer rates: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 1M baud (User settable, 57600 default)*
- *note these values are correct as of version 3.16 SiK firmware
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm)
- Receive Sensitivity: >111 dBm at 12kbps, 105 at 64 kbps and 98 at 200 kbps
- Size: 30 mm (wide) x 57 mm (long) x 12.8 mm (thick) - Including RF Shield, Heatsink and connector extremeties
- Weight: 14.5g
- Mounting: 3 x M2.5 screws, 3 x header pin solder points
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C, tested operational from -73 to +123 deg C.
Software / GCS Support:
- The software solution is an open source development called "SiK". It has been re implemented to suit the new processor architecture available on the 32bit ARM processor core. A boot loader and interface is available for further development and field upgrade of the modem firmware via the serial port.
- Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), frequency band, power levels.
- Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner.
- The default settings are at 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, and 64k air data rate.
Software features include:
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Transparent serial link
- Point to Point, or Multipoint networking
- Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remote radio
- User configurable serial data rates and air datarates
- Mavlink protocol framing (user selectable)
- Mavlink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, Remote Noise)
- Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in realtime
- Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
- The RFD900 is designed to be compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators)
- AS/NZS 4268:2012 (Radio equipment and systems - short range devices)
- The modem is designed for system integrators who will integrate the modem into their own projects and product prototypes. The user is responsible for compliance with local regulations for radio transmitters.