About the Training
The DronePilot Basic Light is an online training course. Through texts, videos, and illustrations, you will learn all the theory necessary to obtain the EU A1/A3 competency certificate. You can follow the training at your own pace and take the exam when you are ready.
Who is it for?
The training is aimed at individuals who fly drones weighing less than 500 grams, including the DJI Mavic Mini (2), DJI Spark, DJI Mavic Air, YUNEEC Breeze, or other similar models.
During the online training, you will learn about the basics of the following topics:
- Flight safety and regulations
- Airspace restrictions
- Human factors
- Operational procedures
- General knowledge of an unmanned aircraft
- Privacy and data protection
The online module is completed with an online exam:
- Exam for the EU A1/A3 competency certificate, consisting of 40 questions. To pass the exam, a minimum of 75% of the questions must be answered correctly.
You can take the exam at any time, and if you do not pass, four retests are included in the price.
After completing the online exam, you will receive the EU A1/A3 competency certificate, issued by the Dutch aviation authority. This certificate allows you to fly throughout Europe!
What do you get?
After purchasing the training, you will receive a unique access code that provides:
- Unlimited access to the online training materials
- Free downloads, such as protocols and checklists
- Access to our study advisers on weekdays between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm
- You have five attempts at the exam
The average student spends approximately eight hours on the online training before taking the exam.